UK | Remote | Full-time | No relocation
We are looking for experienced Data Scientist
for our client – international fintech company established in 2014 and employs over 280 individuals through its offices in London, Cyprus, Estonia, South Africa, and several other regional offices globally.
It is a high-paced environment that requires a proactive individual, with a
positive can-do attitude, strong work ethic and Team player, with a keen eye for detail.
Working closely with the Core Development Team and Product Management Team, you will be responsible for producing high quality mobile applications along with solving technical problems and functionality requirements.Responsibilities
- Explore a variety of data from structured to unstructured, to identify potential data science projects to add value to the business.
- Utilize advanced machine learning techniques to build descriptive and predictive models that understand client behavior and predict future trends in their journey.
- Build client segmentation models to understand and categorize client behavior and characteristics.
- Work with stakeholders from across the business to identify areas in which machine learning can be leveraged to enhance our offerings and processes.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders, providing insights and recommendations based on data analysis.
Nice to have
- BSc or MSc/PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or a related field (higher degree will be considered an advantage).
- At least 3 years of working experience in Data Science and ML areas, preferably in the financial industry.
- Proven experience in data science, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Advanced Python experience with familiarity with machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning models and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analysis, forecasting/predictive analytics, and multivariate testing.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A logical and analytical thinker with strong attention to detail and team player skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with Azure Machine Learning Studio and Azure cloud-based solutions.
- Knowledge in SQL and experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience with Spark.
- Experience in financial markets.